Friday, April 30, 2010

Finally Friday



Well it's Friday, and my quest for SAP knowledge in Montreal is drawing to a close. I've gotten some good classwork in this week, and still managed to spend sometime working...OK, more time working than I wanted to have to deal with...but it's a living.

The nice thing about the SAP Basis job is that it's a lot like the work I did both at UT and The Andersons administering the Banner and Baan software systems. SAP just seems alot bigger and more imposing.

Montreal is a beautiful city, and other than freezing my buns off the other day when it went from a springy 60 to 20 and snowing in about 12 hours (that will teach me to leave my coat at home.) It's been nice to see the old city, see what the Forum has turned into (good bye hockey...hello Movie Theater) and to see some old friends and their new families.

What's most interesting to me about Canada though is the Canadians...such a reasonable group of people. Now I see on the news that there is a group of lawmakers and activists who are following the Lee Atwater/Karl Rove handbook to a Tee, and trying to divide and conquer anyone who doesn't look or sound like them. However, most of the people I've seen up here seem to legitimately want to look out for one another. They care about rights and how the world might visualize their actions- in fact, it seems that the only disagreement i've seen up here has been the occasional arguments about how far "Les Habitants" will advance in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

So thank you Canada..it's been nice to visit a place which still seems to have it's wits about it. It's nice to see a sane country without the need for shouting over tea.It's been nice, but now it's time to go home and hear stories about Chelsie's junior prom.

No comments: